Pages

COUNTRY CAFE and CATERING

Country Cafe
1359 Orange Rd.
Culpeper, VA
#540-829-9966

A quintessential American style diner, the Country Cafe has long been know as a place to get a good old fashioned breakfast, and a Burger or Barbecue plate at lunch.  They are now serving dinner as well and have expanded their menu to include SeafoodThe ambiance is warm and you have your choice of a table, big booth or counter to sit at. The cute retro styled graphics are everywhere, on napkin dispensers, menus and even the floor mat. We stopped by one bustling Saturday morning and soon had hot coffee and menus in hand, ordered the Sausage gravy on a biscuit, and had it in front of us before you could say boo.  A local favorite.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I went there Friday night for dinner. We had steamed crab legs and oysters. It was GREAT! The grandmother of the owner makes all their desserts. We had the lemon meringue pie. It tasted just like what my mom used to make me when I was a child. I've heard that their breakfast is good too. It's so cute on the inside, they make you feel very welcomed. We will be going back again. I want to try the crab cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use one of those old-fashioned breakfasts once in a while instead of oatmeal. Who's the geezer in the cap?

    ReplyDelete